Assam tea also known as an Irish Breakfast tea, is widely popular in the whole world. The tea is originated from Assam, a state in the northeastern part of India that is known for its wildlife culture and tea plantations. Assam is the largest producer of tea in the world. Assam tea is a black tea, known for its rich amber color and strong taste. The drink is very soothing and is a perfect choice of warm beverage that instantly wakes you up and lifts your mood.
Due to the tropical climate, the tea has a malty-rich taste. The processing of tea leaves goes through many steps like withering, fixing, oxidation, rolling, drying, aging. The tea is made from the Camellia sinensis plant. Assam has gained wide respect for producing superior quality of a unique tea. You can enjoy the drink, with a blend of varieties of Assam tea at local grocery stores or restaurants in India. You can buy the tea in loose or in teabags. Let us check for some more information about this refreshing tea.
How to Make Assam Tea
- Place the tea bag in a cup that has 1 teaspoon of tea leaves.
- Heat the water for around 95 degrees Celcius, let the water boil and make sure it comes to rest for a minute after boiling
- Put 8 ounces of water on the teabag in the cup.
- Let the leaves be dipped for around 3-5 minutes. After this, you can enjoy your drink.
- According to tea experts, Assam tea should be served without milk. But people to enjoy Assam milk tea by adding 1 tablespoon of milk to black tea.
Types of Assam Tea
There are two major types of this tea one is CTC tea and the other is Orthodox Assam tea. Depending on the types of leaf, orthodox tea can be classified into many varieties. They are usually made for tea bags and prepared by traditional methods. Cut tear curls are processed through cylindrical rollers and then they are formed into normal tea powder.
List of Some Best Assam tea
Vadham Assam Black Tea
It is the best brand known for its amazing flavors and variants. This pack contains black tea leaves and just a tablespoon is enough for one cup of tea. Vadham India also provides organic green tea with flavors like ginger, tulsi, detox kahwa which are extremely beneficial for your health.
Typhoo is a well-known tea brand in the UK and the brand is popular in India too. You can buy it online on amazon. Order it to enjoy its aroma and revitalize your body by sipping it every morning.
Octavius Kadak Assam Tea
As the name suggests Kadak, means strong. If you like very strong tea then it is a perfect choice of tea for you. It also helps you in getting rid away of fatigue and keeps you fresh throughout the day. Depending on your mood you can drink it with or without milk.
Tea Trove Masala Chai
Enjoy tea with masala flavor. This pack contains spices like cardamom, ginger and cinnamon that give you a great taste and boosts your immunity too.
- Assam tea contains 50-90 mg of caffeine per cup which is less than that of black coffee. So if you are a tea lover then it’s really good to have it.
- Due to its caffeine content, it will help you boost your energy and increases your mental alertness.
- According to cancer research, the tea has cancer prevention properties, although more research is still in the process.
- If you want to strengthen your immune system then drink one cup of this tea every day. The loose tea lever has higher antioxidant properties and also contains minerals like iron calcium and magnesium.
- Black tea contains polyphenols that are excellent for weight loss. Also drinking this tea will reduce fat accumulation in the body.
- It is an ideal choice for diabetes and blood pressure patients since Assam tea leaves improve insulin and help in managing your sugar level.
- Drinking black tea promotes good brain health and helps in protecting against diseases like Parkinson’s’ and Alzheimer’s.