A battle rope workout is a fat-burning exercise that is performed by using ropes. It is a great exercise that is significantly proved to enhance your cardio fitness. Since this workout has been practiced for many years, it is not the latest fad. The idea behind this genius exercise was created by a man named John Brookfield, a professor at Nottingham University. The interest in working out with ropes has been gradually increased since 2006. Most all gyms have made the rope equipment set up so that people can do this workout efficiently.
Although the battle rope workout looks simple, it is not easy to do it. You have to sweat off your energy to this exercise rigorously. Battle rope helps to develop muscle endurance and is an awesome workout to lose your body fat. Since it takes very little storage space you can set up the rope outdoors or at your home too. It requires an abundance of strength to battle ropes. So let us look at some essential tips on how to do battle rope workouts to attain immense strength.
Set Up and Preparation for Battle Rope Workout
- Your grip on the rope should be given prime importance. If you loosen your grip on the rope, then there is no meaning to do this workout.
- Your fingers should be on the rope handle and your hands should face each other. You should be able to flick your wrist.
- While doing rope battles, you have to stand on the floor with your feet being shoulder-width apart. Slightly bend your knees.
- You should be aware of the rope length. An ideal rope length should be nine meters long with a thickness of 1/5.
- Tie the rope to a stable anchor point.
- Instead of tugging, flick your wrist so that ropes can easily move up and down.
- Make sure not to lean forward while doing battle rope, otherwise, you cannot get proper waveform if you move closer to the anchor point.
After setting up and going through instructions we will now look at how to do various forms of battle rope workouts.
Battle Rope Variations
Bicep Drill Wave Rope Workout
Your main focus should be on the bicep while doing this workout. So, initially be in a quarter squat position and keep your back straight. By minimally moving your elbows and keep those undulations down the rope, wave the rope as quickly as possible. The ropes should wave at a faster rate and do it around for 30 seconds. Your shoulder should be still and the target should be on the biceps. So here you are using your bicep energy to burn your fat and increase your strength.
Lateral Whips Battle Rope
The main target muscles are rear delts and back muscles. As the name lateral whips, the movement is similar to lateral raise. You have to stand in a quarter squat position. Lift the rope by keeping the thumb at the forward point and bend your elbows. Slam the ropes down together. You can expect good posture after doing lateral whips.
In this variation, you have to lie down on the floor like a T Position. Hold the ropes separately on both hands. By squeezing your glute muscles, speed up the movement by moving the rope up and down. Lying T benefits you by strengthening your lower back muscles and improves posture muscles. It targets your shoulders, rear delts, and traps. After 30 seconds of lying T, you will soon notice a burning sensation on your shoulders.
Squat Jumping Slam
It is a full-body workout where you have to do a squat jump along with a double slam. Firstly, you have to be in a squat position on heels. You have to put your weight on your feet and keep your elbows straight. Jump up and bring down your ropes together like a double slam. It is a great exercise to increase your heart rate and burn your calories.
Benefits of Battle Rope Workout
- Battle Ropes are full-body workouts, they target all parts of your body which makes them a super choice of exercise for all ages.
- They are an amazing tool to burn your calories and a great choice to do HIIT-style workouts.
- With just a piece of rope and many variations, you get huge benefits like grip strength, fat loss, improving shoulder mobility, etc.
- Battle ropes strengthen your biceps, arms, glutes, quads, thighs, legs that are almost your whole body.
- Since it is a low-impact workout, it will benefit you by recovering from injuries and joint pains.
- It is the best strength-based workout that helps to burn your fat at a faster rate.
- If you want to improve your fitness goals and have a lean body with a good amount of muscle mass then go for a battle rope workout.