Working on the road is the perfect excuse to throw routines and self-control out the window. Living on the road, Billie Kay travels as a WWE fighter. In this profession, routine and self-control are the way to another championship. Find out how Billie Kay maintains a clean and healthy lifestyle while living as a nomad.
The stress of living that comes with constant travel can make it even harder to care about your diet and health. Billie Kay’s secret, the MyFitnessPal app. The MyFitnessPal app it easy to take control of your goals. It does so by tracking calories, breaking down ingredients, and logging daily activities. Kay shares the ability to scan foods from stores and restaurants is her favorite part of the app. Even when in airports and drive-thru’s she can track her calories exactly.
Harvard health claims, keeping a food diary can aid weight loss and healthy eating just as much as beginning a diet. The act of recording when you’re eating, what you’re eating, and how much can provide additional insight and make it harder to stray from your goals.
If you decide to keep a food diary, make sure it is to maintain healthy eating habits. Reflecting on areas that can use improvement without being restrictive. Set smart eating goals using the SMART format. Meaning your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-based.
Eat For Fuel
Eat for the purpose of fueling your body. It seems simple, yet it is probably one of the most difficult goals to follow through. Even professionals, like Billie Kay, are tempted by neon fast-food signs. This is when self-control comes into play.
Not all calories are created equally. And, unfortunately, it isn’t as easy as eat this not that. Even though tracking calories is a good way to maintain a balance, it doesn’t mean your diet is healthy. Eating foods that will feed your muscles will satisfy your hunger for long periods of time. Not only will this help avoid cravings, but you will have more energy throughout the day.
Tips for Training
It is hard to keep the same motivation as the beginning of your health kick. Billie Kay’s key to training is consistency. Getting up and to the gym is an accomplishment, and once you’re there, you might as well give it your all. Always compete against your yesterday self. This mindset motivates Kay to work harder, sweat more, and get results.
Warm-up! This is not a part of the workout to be overlooked. Getting moving and warm up your muscles with dynamic stretches.
- As simple as it sounds, jump and far as you can.
- Starting in a squat, push off of both feet and jump forward, landing on both feet in a low squat position. This exercise helps with explosive power, building your glutes, and strengthening your legs.
Banded Step Ups
- Place a resistance band around your waist and step up on an elevated surface. For further stability, maintain a single-legged balance at the top. Slowly lower down with control.
- Challenge: hold 10 lbs dumbbells in each hand.
Weighted Incline Back Extension
- Using an incline bench, begin with a plate to your chest and lay folded over the top. Tighten your core and extend until you form a straight line head to toe.
- This exercise target your back and hamstrings.
- Perform single leg for a more challenging and targeted workout.
- Using a barbell, keep your weight in your heels and squat low.
- Warm-up with the bar and slowly add weight to each set.
- Holding heavy dumbbells in each hand, tighten everything in your body, and walk (about 20 yards). That’s it!
- To protect your back, keep your core tight and maintain good posture.