Elliptical workouts are a kind of low-impact workout that involves your whole body movements and has to perform on an elliptical bike or elliptical cross-trainer. An elliptical bike is equipment is similar to a treadmill however, you can use the bike indoors or outdoors. You can either do cycling, climbing or walking on the bike. The bike consists of elements of an elliptical trainer and is significantly proved to improve your joint pains and hip flexors.
Workouts on an elliptical bike helps to reduce calories and burn fat effectively. People prefer bikes over a treadmill because you can do various kinds of exercises by enjoying in outdoors too and gain maximum benefits. It is an excellent calorie burn workout that also helps in toning your muscles in the legs, arms, thighs, knees and maintains good bone health. If you enjoy cycling but you suffer from frequent aches and muscle pain, then an elliptical bike is the perfect choice for cycling. There are indoor and outdoor models for this bike. Depending on your choice you opt for any type of model. Let us see some more information about elliptical bikes.
How to perform workout on an elliptical bike
The exercise will differ depending on the type of indoor or outdoor model. The indoor ones have pedals, seats and handles while the outdoor ones are like bicycles with wheels, pedals and handlebars.
Let us look at how to perform on a stationary indoor elliptical bike.
- Sit comfortably on the elliptical seat and hold the long handles with both your hands.
- With your legs resting on the pedals, start moving the pedals slowly by doing walk-like movement and moving the handles in the front and back positions.
- The legs position on the pedal is the most crucial one. You have to move your legs in an elliptical shape like going forward and descend slightly backward. Do not just do front and back movements.
- Your back position should be straight and don’t look at your feet while pedaling.
- After warming up on the bike, you can speed up your movements as you do on a treadmill.
- The speed and information regarding your steps can be seen on the screen.
- In this way, you can do this exercise every day without much difficulty.
List of Some Best Elliptical Bikes or Cross Trainers
Nautilus E618 Elliptical Trainer
It is an all-around elliptical bike, with a price of around $1399 on bestbuy.com It is versatile and has amazing features. With different customized programs, you will benefit from many levels of resistance and the machine also has an LCD screen display that tracks your calories and speed.
Max Trainer M9
A full-body workout bike is quite an expensive one but worth buying it. With the price of $1999 on Bowflex, it has a stair stepper and an HD screen. The major output you would get from this bike is that it burns calories at a faster rate within less time. It is a solid choice for cycling lovers.
Elliptic Go Bike
A perfect choice of an outdoor elliptical bike for fitness and adventure enthusiasts comes with a price of $2,100. You can gain cardio benefits by rolling on roads and hills. It has 3 gears, adjustable stride length and a patented pedaling system. The bike is gentle on your joints. It burns around 33% more calories at a faster rate than the standard indoor elliptical bike furthermore if you enjoy riding outdoors then you must go for it.
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical Bike
A budget-friendly elliptical bike comes with just $700 on Amazon. It has a short stride and motorized resistance of 16 levels. The metric results are displayed on the LCD screen and you can easily perform different types of workout modes. The major advantage you can get is it is compact and very easy to use.
Benefits of Elliptical Bike Workouts
- Workouts on the bike are high resistance exercises, and this will contribute to great muscle strength with strong legs and thighs.
- The lower body muscles like quads, hamstrings and glutes are continuously engaged while the upper body parts like abs, arms give balance to the entire body moreover performing on the elliptical bike provides you an overall body strength with good bone health.
- It helps to improve blood flow throughout your body furthermore improves your cardiovascular health too.
- By changing the level of intensity on the bike will help you recover from hypertension and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- It is a calorie-burning and muscle-building workout, that provides immense benefits if you do it daily for just 20 minutes.
- It is good equipment for all kinds of people of fitness level including senior citizens.