Face yoga may be the solution you’ve been looking for if you’re searching for a natural and non-invasive way to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on your face. This set of facial exercises is recently gaining popularity as a low-cost and effective alternative to traditional anti-aging methods.
In this article, we’ll look at five face yoga exercises that can help you achieve youthful-looking skin.
The Forehead Smoother
The forehead smoother exercise is a quick and easy way to reduce forehead lines and wrinkles, lift your brows, prevent eyelid droop, and relax your muscles. Furthermore, it can help strengthen your forehead muscles and improve blood circulation in that area, giving you a refreshed appearance and feeling. This is how you can do it:
- Place your index and middle fingers on your brow, along the hairline.
- Slide the length of those fingers down towards your brows, pressing firmly.
- Lift your brows at the same time.
- Hold for ten seconds while inhaling deeply.
- Repeat three times, holding the last one for 20 seconds each time.
- Repeat the process one more time
The Cheek Lifter
Do you want to naturally lift your cheeks? The cheek lifter exercise could be exactly what you’re looking for! This exercise is great for not only lifting your cheeks and making your face look younger, but it can also help to strengthen your cheek muscles and improve blood flow in that area. Here are the step-by-step instructions to help you perform this face yoga exercise with ease:
- Make an O shape with your mouth.
- Lift your cheek muscles up by placing your upper lip over your teeth and smiling.
- Put your index fingers on top of the cheek muscles beneath your eyes.
- Lower your cheek muscles by relaxing them.
- Smile again and pull your muscles up toward your eyes.
- Lower and raise your cheeks 10 times.
- Hold your muscles up for 20 seconds on the 10th time.
- Repeat the sequence 3 times.
The Jaw and Neck Firmer
This anti-aging face yoga exercise strengthens and tones the muscles around the jaw and neck, which aids in the prevention of sagging skin and wrinkles. You can help keep your jawline defined and your neck firm by doing this exercise on a regular basis, which will make you look youthful. Simply follow the steps below:
- Make an “aah” sound with your mouth open.
- Fold your lower lip and lip corners into your mouth, and extend your lower jaw forward.
- Scoop up slowly with your lower jaw as you close your mouth, pulling your chin up about 1 inch each time and tilting your head backward.
- Open and close your lower jaw 10x
- Your chin should be pointing to the ceiling on the 10th scoop.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds while picturing your cheeks lifting.
- Repeat thrice.
By including these face yoga exercises into your daily routine, you can lift, firm, and tone your facial muscles for a more youthful appearance. You will not only look great, but you will also feel great as you release tension and promote relaxation through deep breathing. So, why not try these face yoga exercises for a few minutes each day and see how they can change your face – and your life?