The landmine press is a chest-oriented workout that activates your chest muscles, delts, and triceps. The landmine press is a weight-based training that will raise your fitness level in many forms or ways. This workout helps develop muscle mass and stability. Also, the landmine press plays a key role in rectifying body misalignments. As the name suggests, the equipment is similar to the landmine. With landmine press you there is no motion control. With some movement, you can control your body but there is no total freedom.
With the landmine press, you can do different types of push and pull workouts. It is a unique pattern of movement where it helps to interact muscle groups with one another and targets fixed or free weight resistance. The main thing you require for doing landmine press is core control. Moreover, this workout is a great way to add variations and focus on a different angle in your daily routine. Overall it is a great upper body workout and lets us discover more about how to do landmine press and attain its benefits.
How to do Landmine Press
- Start by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Also, you have to be framed in a position where you have to lean forward a bit.
- Maintain a distance between the landmine tool and you.
- Lean forward a bit and by maintaining a neutral grip by holding the end of the bar.
- Bend your elbows and bring the end of the landmine bar to your shoulder level.
- By applying force, push the bar in forwarding motion with a single hand. It should be in line with your shoulders.
- Pause when forward and slowly return it to starting position.
- Repeat this for 10 reps daily.
See also: Brachialis Muscle: Checkout the Best Overview of this Muscle – 2021
Landmine Press Variations
Both Hands Landmine Press
In the standard one, we saw landmine press with one single hand. But in this variation, you have to hold the end of the landmine with both hands. The entire position should be the same as that of what we saw in the standard one. Push the bar with both hands and then lower them down by contracting chest muscles.
Stand on the floor with shoulder-width apart. Grab the bar end with both hands. By extending your arms move the bar end to one side of your body till your hip. Your elbows should be slightly bent. Move the bar in front of you by extending the elbows. Pause for a few seconds. Then put down the bar at the opposite end of your body. Repeat this movement 3 times by twisting the landmine press to both sides of the body.
See also: 5 Best Mountain Bike Accessories That you Need Along with Your Bike
Kneeling Landmine Press
You have to kneel with both your leg on the mat. Hold the top of the barbell with both hands. Bring it closer to your chest. Push it back to the starting position. Repeat this movement 3 times.
Landmine Squat Press
The position will be the same as that of other variations. When you grab the barbell just squat down by holding them. Pause for a few seconds. Then stand and then push back the barbell to its original position. Repeat this movement 5 times.
Landmine Press Benefits
- Varieties of variations of this workout provide a range of benefits. Especially with the single-arm form, the main benefit you gain is core stability. If the core is strong, furthermore there will be an improvement in athletic ability too.
- Also, you could expect improvement in your posture.
- Since landmine press is a core strength-based workout, many sportspeople experienced significant improvement in their sporty activities.
- Another biggest advantage is shoulder development. This exercise helps to develop shoulder size and strengthens deltoids and scapular stabilizers.
- The landmine press is a shoulder-friendly exercise. Moreover, if you are suffering from any kind of shoulder injury then this workout will help you to prevent injury and recover from it.
Master Spider Curls and Attain 3 Important Benefits
Want a Lean Body? Follow These 5 Best Tips
How to Get Rid of a Double Chin: Follow These Top 5 Effective Tips