Samantha Hoopes is a model lost somewhere in between an up and coming star and a veteran. Best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition starting back in 2014, she has also modeled for major brands like Guess and Levi’s. We are wondering how does such a coveted model prepares for these shoots?
I contemplate the pressures of a career based on your appearance. Health and beauty often contradict each other, forcing the choice of a life with only one. The recent social climate has spoken out against the falsehoods, forcing the beauty industry to expand. Samantha Hoopes could be the cover girl for the stereotypical model that has always dominated the industry. The portrayal of an effortless and natural beauty that will forever be unattainable to so many.
How Modeling Gave Hoopes Confidence
Samantha Hoopes speaks highly of her modeling career and experience, claiming to have no regrets. As a Pennsylvania native, she attended Penn State. In interviews, she fondly remembers her time at Penn State as a party girl who ultimately dropped out and to chase the dream life as a model. Good thing she did. Now having appeared in Sports Illustrated Swim Suit magazine seven times, Hoopes serves as the golden standard of women.
Hoopes speaks about a side of modeling that isn’t often heard of and sheds a positive light on the industry. Feeling lost in college, she found her stride as a model. Modeling came naturally to Hoopes and fulfilled her sense of purpose and career. Learn how to build confidence by loving who you are.
The Lifestyle of a Model
Too often I believe the difficulties of modeling are overlooked and the way Hoopes speaks about her job gives it a sense of dignity it deserves. Long hours spent training, networking, and building professional relationships, and how important health is for models.
In an interview, Samatha speaks with pride about being portrayed as her true self. After her pregnancy, she struggled to get back in shape, realizing the difficulties people face while getting fit. This has pushed Hoopes to further promote health over all else.
Hoopes Definition of Healthy
Being healthy can look different on all people. It is not the weight on the scale or jean size that decides your health. Staying true to yourself and your body can be difficult when you flip through a magazine and see models like Samantha Hoopes who look picture perfect.
Luckily there are models, like Hoopes, who have dedicated their careers to promote real-life… images without airbrushing. This is a huge step for the fashion and modeling industry, as it will help the consumer understand no one looks airbrushed in real life.
Don’t eat too late at night. Dieting doesn’t have to be restrictive, just be smart. If you want to eat unhealthily, eat it early in the day and avoid the cravings at night.
How to be Healthy for You
Knowing your limits and finding the balance of health as an individual can be difficult, especially when there are false perceptions of men and women everywhere in the media. Follow these tips and tricks to be healthier each day.
Follow a routine. Starting and ending your day with a routine helps maintain healthy habits.
- In the morning try to stay off of your phone until you have brushed your teeth, washed your face, and have drunk a full glass of water. This will help you start your day and stay productive throughout.
- Before bed stretch for at least 5 minutes. This can help relax your mind as well as detox your body from the day.
Learn to Cook
- Eating healthy and dieting often contradict each other. Restrictive diets can be harmful in so many ways, both physically and mentally. Finding fun recipes to cook with clean ingredients can help promote a healthier lifestyle without counting calories or cutting carbs.
- Here are some healthy and delicious recipes that will keep you satisfied
- How You’ve Been Cooking Your Beets Wrong
- Rotini Recipes
- Easy ways to keep Keto
- Salads everyone will love
- Skincare has become all the rage since TikTok started recommending skincare items. However, taking care of your skin is never a bad idea. Wrinkles start forming by age 20!!!! Use sunscreen every day and be nice to your face.
- Additionally, massaging your face while moisturizing helps drain your lymph nodes and defines your bone structure. if you are sick of contouring your face, do this every night to get a snatch jawline and sharp cheekbones.
- As much as you hate it, it’s necessary.
- Getting up and making a point to get some exercise every day is all it takes. Working out does not have to be a chore or something we all hate (like running). Going for a walk, dancing, biking, yoga, group fitness classes, anything where you are off the couch and moving is exercise. Remember, something is always better than nothing.