Yoga is the best holistic approach for your soul and body development. There are many variations of yogas like sitting poses, standing, or sleeping poses which help to rejuvenate your body. Due to day-to-day life work, our body needs relaxation to combat stress. And yoga is one such cure that, helps you to get rid of an unhealthy lifestyle.
Since the pandemic has hit us hard, sitting poses are now the most easily popular exercise trend these days. The majority of the population are opting for these poses exercise while working from home. So let’s check out some amazing sitting poses techniques that can be done with ease at the comfort of your house.
Preparation for Sitting Poses
- Make sure you are in an undisturbed clean fresh air environment for doing your exercise.
- You will need a yoga mat or some simple cloth mat that will make you feel comfortable for your sitting poses.
- Relax. Get rid of any tension or clutter in your mind and try to stay calm to begin your exercise.
- Do not eat or drink 1 hour before doing the exercise, this is the best thumb rule to follow.
See also: How Flex Wheeler Trains While Suffering from Life-Long Kidney Disease
Begin your Following Sitting Poses
Padmasana – The Lotus Posture
- Sit on the floor calmly, by keeping your legs straight. Now hold your left foot softly, bend your knee and place it on your right thigh.
- In the same way, place your right foot on your left thigh. Place your palms on one another and your heels of the foot should be placed close to your navel.
- Make sure that your spine, head and neck should be erect. Relax and breathe normally.
This variation of sitting pose is well known and widely practiced, especially amongst yoga and fitness experts. The Padma means lotus. This pose is good for your hips and spine posture maintains good joint health and flexibility.
Vajrasana – The Thunderbolt and the Diamond Sitting Pose
- Initially stretch your legs. Hold your left leg, bend your knees and sit in such a way that your legs should be folded and place under your buttocks.
- In the same way, hold your right leg and place it under your buttocks.
- Your final position should be resting on your feet and sitting on your heels with palms resting straight on your knees or you can even join your hands as you do for prayers.
- Keep your posture erect while deep breathing.
Vajrasana activates the Nadi which promotes our digestive system. It helps to give relief from knee, back, and leg pain and also strengthen our thigh muscles.
Ardha Matsyendrasana – The Spinal Twist and Half Fish Pose
- Initially when your legs are in a relaxed stretched position, slightly bend your knees upwards.
- Place your right leg besides your left buttock and bring your left foot over your right knee.
- Keep your left hand at your back with palms touching on the floor.
- Hold your left foot with your right hand while touching your elbow to your right knee.
- Look behind your left shoulder. Your entire posture will look like a half-fish pose with a twisted spine.
See also: How to Do a Tricep Pushdown with Proper Technique to Improve Your Physical Fitness
This is an excellent sitting pose for people suffering from slipped disc problems. It is a good pose for maintaining spine, back muscle, and shoulder health. Good for diabetic people because it helps to release insulin. Even elderly people can opt for this pose because it helps to reduce vertebral problems at this age.
Thyroid and Hernia patients should strictly avoid this sitting pose and pregnant women should consult a doctor before trying this pose at home.
Gomukhasana- The Cow Face Pose
- Sit in a calm pose with stretched legs. Place your left under the right knee and your right foot under the left knee.
- Your sitting pose should look like both crossed legs, with right knee above left.
- Raise your right hand and slowly bend your elbow and at the same time bring your left hand behind your back and then interlace the fingers of your both hand.
- Keep posture erect and take a deep breath.
This sitting pose provides good armpit and triceps health. It strengthens your joints of hips and elevates mental stress. If you are suffering from chest congestion, then you must give it a try for this sitting pose.
Dandasana – The Staff Pose
- Sit on the floor with your back keeping straight and legs extended in front of you.
- Place your palms next to your hips and keep your chest elevated.
- Make sure your head should face straight and hold your pose for 30 seconds and breathe normally.
This sitting pose is one of the simplest forms of exercise. It improves our overall posture and concentration power. It benefits our hamstrings and Spine-health and strengthens our lower back muscles.
Read Also :
How Adam Copeland Faces Injuries and What Kind of Preventive Exercises He Uses
Élodie Yung Fitness Regimen for Her Role In Daredevil
What Does Julian Newman Do To Keep His Body Ready For Competition
How Cameron Mathison Keeps Fit and Healthy After Beating Cancer