A leg extension machine is a workout that targets your quads and strengthens your lower body. If you hit the gym, you could come across people doing many leg-based exercises like squats, deadlifts, and most commonly leg extensions. Every leg move workout is included in the leg extension machine. You can find this machine in every corner of gym rooms, physical therapy rooms, clinics, etc. People find this workout and do it often because of its simple movements.
A leg extension machine is equipment that focuses mainly on your vastus muscles and muscles that are located in front of the thigh. If you want big quads then this exercise is an ideal choice for you. The leg extension gets major traffic because it’s not very tough to do and it is most gym-goers preferred a choice of workout. It is a suitable form of exercise that straightens your knee and extends your leg by working on major quadricep muscles. The placement of leg pads near the ankle helps to work and focus on your knees to straighten them. Let us look for more relevant information about the leg extension machine.
How to do Exercise on Leg Extension Machine
Step By Step Instruction
- With the help of a spotter, set up your leg extension machine.
- Your knees should be at a 90-degree angle and the pads should be above your lower legs near the ankle.
- You should choose a weight that is suitable according to your legs and does not directly jump at higher weights
- The position of your hands should be on hand bars.
- Inhalte and raise your legs with the weight and keep it in a straight position.
- Make sure not to arch your back.
- Hold for few seconds and then exhale while lowering your legs down.
- Repeat this movement for around 10-12 reps.
See also: Interesting Facts About Ketones Drink and its Health Effects
Leg Extension Machine Variations
Single Leg Extension Machine
In this form, use only one leg to workout with the machine. The other leg has to be in relaxed form. Lift your one leg with the pad above your lower leg and hold it for few seconds. Lower your leg down. Repeat this pose with another leg.
Seated Leg Curl
The setup of this leg extension machine is complicated and you have to do it carefully. There are two things lap pads and pad levers. The lap pad should be placed slightly above your knees. You have to place your lower legs on the padded lever. So you have two types of pads that are simultaneously targeting your hamstrings to strengthen your leg muscles.
See also: Master the Cable Crossover Workout to Stay Fit and Fine
Standing Form with a Leg Extension
You have to start this workout by loading with lower weights. Face the leg extension machine and bend down. You can do this exercise one leg at a time. Lift the pad from the backside of your lower leg and one leg should be rested down. Switch the movement with another leg. In this way, it will focus your hamstrings and helps to straighten your knees.
Common Mistakes and Precautions
- Do not lift your legs with a heavyweight. You will end up hurting your calf muscles and ankles. Instead, start with lower weights.
- You should not extend reps more than 13 reps on a leg extension machine. Doing 3-10 reps with a moderate load is enough to strengthen your legs.
- Do the movements slowly avoid going at high speed.
- Avoid locking your knees you might get knee joint pain if you locked it.
Benefits of Doing Exercise on a Leg Extension Machine
- The is a huge benefit of getting massive quads if you do the extensions regularly.
- You will become more aware of your condition of leg muscles. A major benefit is you can do extension by engaging quads in eccentric contractions. You can slow down or move the way you want during a leg workout.
- Another advantage of doing leg curl is getting a balanced quad since it is an open-chain kinetic workout.
What Happens Inside a Nude Yoga Class and How to do It
Enjoy a Horse Riding Experience At Least Once in Your Lifetime
Everything you Need to Know About Olympic Trampoline
Do Push Day Workout to Bulk Up Your Body and Get Strong Muscles