There are an undeniable charm and sexiness about curly hair. Men with a head full of gorgeous curls exude an allure of exoticness and sensual appeal. They are the envy of men and women alike. However, finding the right haircut for men with curly hair requires practice and time. But if you find the right haircut that suits your face, as well as your personality, and you can maintain it, you will look super cool every single day.
Today, we show you how to pick a haircut style for men with naturally curly hair.
Short haircuts for men with curly hair is usually a preferred style for many men due to the fact that it looks good on the young and the old. Short curly hairstyles include:
- Quiff – The quiff is very popular as it is very forgiving. To get the perfect style with your natural curls, observe the natural way your hair falls, and keep them away from heat styling as much as you can.
- The slicked-back look – This hairstyle is typically great for grownups. In this hairstyle, too, follow a natural wave and parting. To further enhance the statement look, use a pomade to make them look glossy and healthy.
- Choppy curls on top with undercut – This type of hairstyle is usually sported by the younger crowd. It has tight curls on top, and the bottom half is usually cleanly shaven. To bring out the best in your naturally tight curls, use a styling product, and scrunch the hair with your fingertips.
- Side part – The side part hairstyle for curly hair can be adapted to suit different lengths and face shapes. You can do so with a subtle side part or do a hard part depending on the volume of your hair.
Medium hairstyles have an inherent relaxed and carefree aesthetic. They redefine the straight out of bed look perfectly.
- Messy beach waves – One of the most relaxed hairstyles for men with curls, the messy beach look is all about looking effortless. It is also one of the hairstyles that require minimal style to achieve the look. To keep it looking natural and yet perfectly styled, a good texturizing spray is all you need.
- The afro – This rugged look is perfect for those men who have chin-length hair. The afro look embraces your natural curls and allows it to be the center of attention. To prevent your hair from looking like a nest, first, find a stylist or a barber who knows about the afro and then you can let your natural curls stay free and wild.
Long curls can be either very versatile or a challenge to manage, depending on the volume of your hair.
- Loose and free – The key to nailing the long hairstyles for men with curly hair is to let it loose. Men who have shoulder length curly hair or longer can keep their hair open, which is a great look. It is the perfect way to showcase your curls without too much fuss.
However, you need to get your ends trimmed regularly and take good care of your hair to keep them looking healthy.
- Dreadlocks – Men who have naturally long curly hair can also choose dreadlocks. This is a great way to keep your afro-textured hair in place and look cool at the same time. Dreading your hair will also allow you to experiment with different looks as well. This haircut for men with curly hair also requires minimal styling and maintenance.
- The bun – This is not a haircut per se. However, the bun or the man bun as it is popularly known has become very trendy in the last few years. It is a quick way to sweep your natural curls out of your face and raise your coolness factor at the same time. To get the best look, work with a product into the strands to make the front more textured and add volume.
This hairstyle can be worn by men with medium length curls as well as those with longer curls.
Tips to keep your natural curls healthy
- Choose a sulfate-free shampoo to keep your hair clean and nourished at the same time
- Conditioning is a must. Consider deep conditioning every two weeks or so and use a leave-in conditioner. Naturally, curly hair tends to be a lot drier than those with straighter hair.
- Get a hairstyle that not only suits your face shape but your lifestyle and personality as well.
- If you have a lot of trouble keeping your natural curls in check, ask your hairstylist or barber for a haircut that is clean in the back and the sides. This will make it easier to manage your curls and also keep the focus on your gorgeous curls.
- The best products for curly hair are pomade, sea salt spray, and matt products. These give you the desired look without weighing down your curls.
- Alternatively, wax and gel products can weigh your hair down and are typically not good for curly hair.
- A wide-tooth comb and a dryer with a diffuser are the best styling tools you can have for maintaining any hairstyle and haircut for men with curly hair.
Managing curly hair can be a daily struggle if you don’t understand your hair and how to style it. However, with a bit of practice and the right haircut, there is no reason why you cannot enjoy your curly hair.
The best way to start is by getting the right haircut for men with curly hair, and then half your battle will be over. Aim to keep your hair healthy and nourished by having a diet rich in veggies and fruits. Invest in quality products and follow the natural waves of your hair, literally. You will be rocking those natural curls with pride in no time.