Lat pulldown machine is a machine-based workout to do lat pulldown exercise. Pulldown is an upper body workout that targets your lat muscles to increase your stamina and build a fit muscular body. It is an isolation exercise, that isolates the muscles on your back and under the armpit. If you have strong back muscles then you can perform lifting tasks or do some good sports activities like swimming. Stronger lat muscles contribute to the stronger back.
Lat pulldown machine has been widely popular these days. The pandemic has caused the problem to the gym sector. So people are now ordering some gym-related exercise machines so that they can work out in the comfort of your home. There is some simple variation of lat pulldown machines that you can buy and perform pulldown exercises. Although, some of the pulldown machines are extremely complicated and should be fixed and set up in the gym itself. Whether at home or gym, lat pulldown should be done cautiously and in a proper way. Read this article to know more about the lat pulldown machine.
How to Use a Lat Pulldown Machine
In this machine, a cable is attached to a pulley where you can pull the bar. There is a seat attached to the machine where you can sit and perform the exercise. You can also adjust the height of the bar according to your suitable height. If you are a beginner, then an instructor will help you up with the machine setup.
- Comfortably sit on the seat. Grab the bar with your hands.
- Your fingers should have a tight grip on them. Pull down the bar until your chin height.
- Your shoulders should be in a square position and keep an erect spine. Breathe out as you pull down the cable. Your whole body should be stationary with your feet calmy placed on the floor.
- Return the bar to the initial position. Your main targets should be on lats throughout the movement.
- Do the lat pulldowns for around 12 reps on the machine.
Best Lat Pulldown Machine to Buy
KSSL017 – TSport
This is one of the best machines to buy that can also be easily set up at home if you have a good amount of space. It cost around $177. The product is of superior quality polish steel. It comes with four plug walls and the maximum weight capacity is 200kg. Before purchasing any pulldown machine it is necessary to research the dimension that fits in your house or gym. One more major advantage is that it comes with an adjustable seat. So according to your intense activity, you can adjust the seat. The machine is really good for those who want to achieve major fitness goals by doing advanced lat pulldown workouts.
Monster Lat Pulldown Machine
It is one of the most expensive row lat pulldown machines which costs around $2500. The machine has got the best equipment for doing pulldowns. With this machine, you will receive a weights stack, lat bars, adjustable footplates, nylon pulleys and carabiners. This versatile machine is made up of high-quality gauge steel and is designed perfectly that can be set up at your home too. People have reviewed it as one of the best machines, where you can change up routines and do different variations of lat pulldown with ease.
Low Row Exigo
This machine especially targets the chest and back muscles. It has an overhead cable that isolates your lat muscles and then makes the whole pulldown exercise movements proficiently. The machine weight is around 556 lbs and provides a weight stack up to 125 kgs. This machine has got lifetime guarantee and is fully customizable. You can choose the color and texture of your choice. It has adjustable pads and proper foot placement, which makes it very secure and comfortable to use. Overall good machine for those who are beginners too.
Powerline Lat Machine
A home gym-based machine, with a price of around £345 is the finest looking equipment that provides many features. You can also have the option to customize the pully system. The weight capacity of this machine is 500 lb. It is the best machine to build upper body strength and do some workouts like upright rows, tricep pushdown and many variations of pulldowns. If you want to do straight arm pulldown, tricep ropes then go for it.
Precautions While using a Lat Pulldown Machine
- To prevent injury and reap maximum benefits, it is necessary to perform with the correct form. When you pull down the cable, don’t lean back because you can’t hit the target muscles and you will also end up hurting your back.
- Your weight should be in control when you move the bar to its initial position otherwise, you will end up injuring your back and arm.
- Avoid moving in to and fro position. Keep your elbows close to your body throughout the movement.