After a long and challenging year, many of us are excited to get back outdoors and make the most out of this summer! However, if money is tight, it can be challenging coming up with budget-saving tips while summer is filled with so many other fun activities. Don’t worry, we’ve created a list of 5 great tips to help you save this summer 2021 while still having a blast!
1. Revamp your summer wardrobe on a budget
It can be so fun, yet so expensive, shopping for new summer clothing! Every year, there are some fantastic new fashion trends to chase after. Crop tops and puffy sandals anyone? No matter which trend you want, shopping for new summer clothes doesn’t always have to break the bank. There are a few tips that you can follow to freshen up your wardrobe while still staying on budget:
- Shop at budget-friendly retailers like Aliexpress. You don’t have to shop for designer clothing to pull together an awesome outfit! When you’re shopping for trendy clothing that might not be popular next year, it’s important to not overspend. Aliexpress has an amazing selection of budget-friendly summer clothing that you can afford to splurge on. With this AliExpress discount code, you’ll even receive a big discount on your next purchases!
- Wait for the sales. Don’t go shopping at the beginning of the summer! While it can be tempting to shop for a cute new summer outfit, if you resist temptation and wait for August, you can save by shopping at the end of season sales.
- Hit up your local thrift stores. Thrift stores are filled with undiscovered gems! If you’re looking to save on some new summer clothes, hit up your local thrift store and see what you can find. Thrifting is a great way to spend an afternoon with your friends as well!
Follow these money-saving tips and you’ll look fab all summer long without overspending!
2. Try some free or cheap entertainment.
Not every night has to be a costly night out with your friends! While lounging poolside with a cocktail is an awesome summer treat, if you’re trying to save some money this summer, you’ll need to mix and match your summer entertainment with some activities that are cheap or free. Check your local newspaper, both paper or online, for free festivals, concerts, or other local events being held in your area. Head outdoors and plan a fun day filled with outdoor sports, swimming, and a picnic for a fun, easy-on-the-budget summer day. Lastly, check around to your local museums, zoos, or other tourist attractions – many offer free or low-cost admission days for residents!
3. Save on your energy bill.
One of the most expensive bills in the summertime is your electric bill. When summer temperatures start rising, it can be tempting to crank up the air conditioning. While air conditioning can be a lifesaver on extremely hot days, consider relying on fans for the rest of the time to save some serious cash. Energy proofing your home throughout the year will help keep your home cooler in the summer. Sealing any air leaks and replacing old air filters are two easy ways to energy-proof your home!
4. Keep cash in your wallet, not credit.
It’s a lot harder to spend money when you watch it flow right out of your hands! Leave your cards at home when you head out for your next summer activity to avoid frivolous or mindless spending. Some studies have shown that credit can make people spend up to 83% more! One easy tip to save some money this summer is to set a daily budget and only bring that exact amount of cash with you in your wallet. Don’t worry if you don’t get it on your first try, learning to live on a budget is a skill that requires hard work and patience just like any other!