Box braids men hairstyle is a style of hair where strands of hair are twisted together into a single strand. The term comes from the French word meaning “to bind”. Braiding has been around since ancient times and was originally done using animal hair. Today, braids are worn by both women and men. They come in various styles, such as cornrows, twists, plaits, and dreadlocks.
- How to do Big Box Braids
- How To Do Short Box Braids
- How To Do Long Box Braids
- How To Do Triangle Box Braids
- How to do Cornrows + Box Braids
- How to do Spider Braids
- How to do Box Braids With Fade
- How to do Ponytail Box Braids Men
- How to protect and preserve your braids
- How can I sleep with box braids and not ruin them?
There are several ways to wear braids, depending on your preference and personal style. For example, you can wear them loose, tied back, or even wrapped around your head. If you want to try out this hairstyle, then you should start by choosing the right length for your hair. Then, choose the right color for your hair. Lastly, decide whether you would prefer to wear your braids in a bun or down.
How to do Big Box Braids
The big box braids look great with any outfit. It is an easy way to get long hair styled quickly. You will need:
-A pair of scissors
-A flat iron (optional)
Step 1: Choose Your Hair Extensions
You can use human hair extensions or synthetic hair extensions. Human hair extensions are often preferred because they last longer than synthetic hair extensions. However, if you have short hair, then you may not be able to find enough human hair extensions that fit well. In this case, you can opt for synthetic hair extensions instead.
“To create big box braids, you will need to add some volume to your hair. James Goodman, master barber and founder of MensHairstylesToday.com, says thick and long braids can make a bold fashion statement and be easy to care for, but thin extensions put less weight and tension on the scalp.”
To do so, you can either go for a wig or clip in hair extensions. Wigs are more expensive but give you better results. Clip-in hair extensions are cheaper and easier to apply. To make sure that you get the best results, it is important that you buy quality hair extensions. This means that you should only buy products that are made from high-quality materials.
To determine which type of hair extensions you should use, you should consider how much time you plan to spend wearing your new hairstyle. If you plan to wear your big box braids every day, then you should probably go for clip-in hair extensions. On the other hand, if you plan to wear your hair every day for just one week, then you should definitely go for wigs.
If you are unsure about what kind of hair extensions to purchase, you can always ask someone who wears hair extensions before. They can help you figure out what works best for your hair.
Step 2: Cut Your Hair
Before you begin cutting your hair, make sure that you wash your hair thoroughly. Make sure that you remove all traces of shampoo from your scalp. After washing your hair, let it air dry completely.
Once your hair is completely dry, cut off a small section of hair at the top of your head. Next, take a straight razor and shave your entire head bald. When shaving your head, you should avoid going too close to your eyes. Also, don’t forget to trim away the excess hairs.
Once you have shaved your head, you should now cut your hair into sections. These sections should be large enough to wrap around your head twice. Take your scissors and divide each section into two equal parts. Then, take your comb and separate the two halves of each section.
After separating the sections, you should comb them through your fingers. The goal here is to loosen up the curls and waves in your hair.
Next, you should tie the two sides of each section together using bobby pins. Once you have tied the sections together, you should pin them back on your head.
Now that your hair has been prepared, you can start adding hair extensions. Start by taking a piece of hair extension and wrapping it around your head. Try to cover as much of your scalp as possible with the hair extension.
Now, you should place another piece of hair extension over the first piece. Continue doing this until you have added all the pieces of hair extensions that you want.
When you are done applying for hair extensions, you should wait until the glue dries completely. It usually takes between 15 minutes and half an hour for the glue to dry.
Step 3: Apply Curling Cream
You should now apply a curling cream to your hair. As soon as the glue has dried, you should put a generous amount of curling cream on your hands. Now, you should rub your hands together until they become warm.
You should also rub the curling cream onto your hair. Be careful not to apply too much because you might end up looking like you have dandruff.
Once you have applied the curling cream to your head, you should leave it alone for 10-15 minutes. During this time, the curling cream will work its magic and give your hair some volume.
Step 4: Blow Dry Your Hair
After waiting for the curling cream to do its job, you should blow-dry your hair. You should blow dry your hair starting from the bottom of your head. This way, the heat from the blow dryer will help set the curl pattern in your hair.
To make sure that your hair looks natural, you should use a round brush when blowing drying your hair. If you use a flat brush instead, then you may wind up with a lot of frizz.
After you have blow dry your hair, you should immediately apply a smoothing serum to your hair. This will help seal in the moisture that you just added to your hair.
Step 5: Add Highlights
If you want to add highlights to your hair, you should wait until after you have finished styling your hair. To highlight your hair, you should follow these steps.
First, you should shampoo your hair thoroughly. After rinsing out the shampoo, you should towel dry your hair.
Then, you should apply a light layer of conditioner to your hair. Make sure that you only apply a little bit of conditioner at any given time. Too much conditioner will weigh down your hair and cause it to look greasy.
Finally, you should apply a small amount of bleach to your hair. While bleaching your hair, you should avoid going overboard. A little bit of bleach is enough to brighten your hair without making it look dirty or orange.
Step 6: Finish Up With Moisturizer
Finally, you should finish off your hairstyle by applying moisturizer to your hair. The moisturizer will keep your hair soft and shiny.
How To Do Short Box Braids
The short box braid is one of the most popular types of braided hairstyles. This type of braid is perfect if you want to create a casual style that still looks stylish.
The easiest way to get started on short box braids is to follow these steps.
1) Divide Your Hair Into Three Equal Parts
2) Split Each Section In Half
3) Braid Each Section Separately
4) Tuck The Remaining Hair Behind Your Ear
5) Secure The Ends Of Your Hair Using An Elastic Band
6) Use A Small Amount Of Product And Rub Through Your Hair
7) Repeat Steps 1-6 As Needed
8) Add Some Accessories To Make Your Look More Stylish
9) Finish With Moisturizer
10) Style Any Other Way That Works Best For You
How To Do Long Box Braids
The long box braid is another great option for creating a trendy hairstyle. It can be worn in so many different ways.
For example, you could wear it casually over your shoulder or even with a ponytail. However, the best thing about this particular hairstyle is that it works well with almost every color.
The next step is to learn how to do long box braids. These braids are great because they look really cool and are easy to style. They are also versatile enough to work with any occasion.
Here’s what you need to know:
1) Divide Your Hairstyle Into Four Equal Sections
2) Split Each Segment In Half
3) Start By Braiding One Side Of Each Section
4) Continue Until All Sections Are Completely Braided
5) Once All Sections Are Completely Done, Tie The End Up
6) Now Take The Rest Of Your Hair And Begin To Twist It Around The Braids
7) Once You Have Twisted The Rest Of Your Hair Around The Braids, Pull Them Down Over Your Head
8) When You Get Back To The Front, Gently Pull The Braids Apart
9) Create A Ponytail At The Top Of Your Head
10) Leave The Last Piece Of Hair Free
11) Apply A Little Bit Of Gel
12) Blow Dry Your Hair
13) Curl Your Hairs With A Round Brush
14) Wrap The Curls Around Your Face
15) Smooth Out The Curls
16) Let Your Hair Air Dry
17) Style Your Hair Any Way That Looks Good
How To Do Triangle Box Braids
Triangle box braids are another popular type of braids. They are known for their versatility and unique appearance. Here’s what you have to know about them:
1) Divide Hair Into Triangles
2) Start By Braiding The First Triangle
3) Continue Until All Triangles Are Completely Braided Together
4) After You Have Finished, Twist The End Up
5) Next, Take The Rest Of Your Hairstyle And Begin To Twist It Onto The Braids
6) Once You Have Twisted The Rest Of Your Hair Onto The Braids, Pull It Down Over Your Head
7) When You Come Back To The Front, Twist The Braids Again
8) Then, Grab Your Hair From The Bottom And Pull It Up
9) Finally, Pull The Braids Apart, And Voila!
10) Style Your Hair Anyway That Looks Good
How to do Cornrows + Box Braids
If you want to try cornrow braids and box braids together, then here’s what you can do:
1) Divide hair into two equal sections
2) Divide each section in half
3) Braid one side of the first section
4) Braid the other side of the same section
5) Continue this process until all sections are completely done
6) Once all sections are complete, twist the ends up
7) Now take your remaining hair and begin twisting it around the braids
8) Once you have twisted the rest of your hair around the braids, pull it down over your head
9) When you get back to the front, twist the braids again
10) Then, grab your hair from the bottom and pull it up
11) Finally, pull the braids apart, and voila!
12) Style your hair however you like
How to do Spider Braids
1) Start off by parting your hair into two sections. The first section should be on the left side of your head.
2) Take out some strands of hair from the right side of your head. You will need about 4 to 5 inches of hair.
3) Create a loop using these strands of hair. Make sure that the loop is tight enough so that it doesn’t fall down.
4) Continue making loops until you reach the end of your hair.
5) Now take a small amount of gel and apply it along the top of the loop.
6) Twist the ends of the loop together.
7) Repeat steps 3 through 6 until you have reached the back of your head.
8) Once you have completed this step, start twisting the rest of your hair in the same way.
9) When you’re done with this part, tie up the loose strands behind your ears.
How to do Box Braids With Fade
1) Begin by parting your hair into three equal parts.
2) Divide each section into four equal parts.
3) Part one section of hair at the front of your head.
4) Then part the next section of hair at the middle of your head.
5) Next part the third section of hair at the back of your head and then part the last section of hair at the sides of your head.
6) Now divide the first section of hair into two equal parts.
7) Part the second section of hair at the center of your head.
8) Then part the remaining section of hair evenly across the back of your head, leaving the bottom section longer than the others.
9) Finally, part the last section of your hair at the sides of the back of your head to form a box.
10) To finish off the look, use a comb to smooth out all of the edges.
How to do Ponytail Box Braids Men
1) Begin by dividing your hair into four equal sections.
2) Part the first section of hair at the top of your head.
3) Then part the next two sections of hair evenly across the sides of your head, leaving them slightly shorter than the first section.
4) Lastly, part the last section at the base of your neck.
5) Use a comb to smooth out the edges.
6) Finish off the style by tying up the loose strands behind the ears.
How to protect and preserve your braids
1) After washing your hair, dry it completely.
2) Apply a leave-in conditioner for softness and shine.
3) Blow-dry your hair straight or flat iron it as desired.
4) If you are going to wear your braids out, keep them tied up. Otherwise, let them hang freely.
5) Keep your braids away from heat sources like curling irons and blow dryers.
6) Avoid brushing your hair while wearing your braids.
7) Do not sleep in your braids.
8) Wash your braids every 2 weeks.
How can I sleep with box braids and not ruin them?
If you want to sleep comfortably with your braids, make sure that they are kept neat and tidy.
You should also avoid sleeping on wet hair because it could cause damage.
What if my braids get tangled?
It happens! But don’t worry, just untangle them.
It is important to know how to properly care for your braids.
Most Trusted Hair Pomades To Improve Your Style Game
Hair Pomade is a product that helps improve the overall condition of your hair. If you want to make sure that your hair looks good no matter what, then you should definitely consider using a quality pomade. Below we will be going through some of the best hair pomades available today.
1) L’Oreal Paris Elnett Professional Hair Pomade – This is a great pomade for people with fine hair. It has a very light texture so it won’t weigh down your hair. It also contains a lot of conditioning agents which help keep your hair soft and shiny.
2) Garnier Fructis Pomade Pro-Matte – This is a matte version of the original pomade. It works well if you have dry hair because it keeps moisture locked in. It doesn’t contain any silicone but it does contain an emollient agent.
3) KMS Pomade – This is one of the most popular pomades out there. It comes in different colors such as black, brown, red, etc. It is made to last long and it is easy to apply. It is recommended by many celebrities such as Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, and more.
4) Pantene Professional Hold Hairspray – This hairspray is designed to hold your style even after washing your hair. It is water-resistant and it leaves your hair feeling smooth. It is suitable for both wet and dry hair.
5) Moroccanoil Pomade – This is another great option for those who prefer a matte finish. It is not sticky at all and it gives your hair a nice shine. It is perfect for use during the winter months when your hair tends to become drier.
6) Paul Mitchell Super hold Spray – This spray is ideal for people with curly hair. It makes your curls look amazing and it holds them in place. It is water-resistant so it stays put even after washing your hair multiple times.
7) Ouidad Pomade – This is an oil-based pomade that is designed to give your hair a glossy finish. It is lightweight and it is easy to work with. It is perfect for people with fine hair that needs extra volume.
8) Redken Advanced Shine Pomade – This is the ultimate finishing pomade. It provides a strong hold while still giving your hair a beautiful shine. It can be used on wet or dry hair.
9) Schwarzkopf Professional Hold Styling Gel – This gel is designed to provide a strong hold without weighing down your hair. It is suitable for use on wet or dry hair and lasts for hours.
10) TIGI Perfectly Defined Pomade – This pomade is designed to create a polished look. It can be used to define the shape of your face. It is suitable for wet or dry hair. It is extremely affordable and it is easy to find.
11) Vidal Sassoon Strong Hold Hairspray -This hairspray is designed for people with thick hair. It creates a stronghold and it protects your hair from humidity. It is water-resistant.
12) Wella Style Hold Hairspray (Waterproof) -This hairspray can be used on wet hair. It gives your hair a stronghold and prevents frizziness.
13) Wella Style Hold Dry Hairspray (Dry & Waterproof)– This hairspray is similar to the previous one except it is designed for dry hair. It is also waterproof.
14) Wella Style Hold Wet Hairspray (Wet & Waterproof)– This is a new addition to the line-up. It has a light texture and it feels very comfortable against the skin. It is designed to keep your hair looking shiny and bouncy.
15) Wella Style Hold Extra Strength Hairspray (Extra Strength)– This hairspray works better than the others because it contains alcohol. It is best for people with sensitive scalps.
Benefits of braided hair
1) It’s easy to maintain.
2) It’s versatile.
3) It’s simple.
4) It can be styled any which way.
5) It looks good.
6) It lasts long.
7) It’s cheap.
8) It’s natural.
Additional tip: If your hair is braided, avoid scratching your head. If you really feel itchy, simply use your finger to press the itchy area. And lastly, buy a do-rag; it’s a must-have.
Braids hairstyle for men can make your life much easier, but in return, you must take care of it. You also need to know when you should brush it off, as it can cause some serious damage to your hair. Believe it or not, with braided hair, you get to save a lot of money and time. So, don’t ignore your braids; it only requires a little effort.