The incline dumbbell press is a workout that targets muscles independently. The major focus is on the triceps, chest and shoulders. It is slightly different than the traditional bench press. Incline dumbbell press movements direct on upper pecs muscles front part of the shoulder. It is the angle of the incline dumbbell press that creates tension in the muscles than the traditional flat press. It is the best upper body workout to include in the daily regime. This exercise increases muscles in the backside of your arms.
Incline dumbbell press is also responsible to increase chest size and build a well-rounded shape in the front part of your chest. So basically it is a strength training exercise. It will also promote strength and balance in all the portions of your upper body. Presses often lead to injuries and strain on back muscles. However, an incline dumbbell press will help you to prevent those stress and injuries. Including them in your push exercise routine will surely benefit you. Discover more about how to do an incline dumbbell press and to what extent will this press benefit you.
How to Do Incline Dumbbell Press
- You need a set of dumbbells and an adjustable incline bench for performing this workout.
- For more benefits and a comfortable feel, set up your bench at a 30 degree or 45-degree angle.
- 30 degrees is an ideal angle to hit the upper chest accurately.
- By leaning back on the incline bench lay on the bench. Grab the dumbbell in each hand.
- With bent elbows and touch them down till your ribs, keep the dumbbells near your shoulder level.
- Exhale and try to press the dumbbell straight up by extending your arms.
- With a straight wrist, the weights should slightly touch each other and hands should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Inhale and lower down the weights. While bringing the weights down they should be at a 45-degree angle.
- Start with lower weight and do this workout for around 12 reps to maximize the benefits.
See also: Preacher Curls: How to Do it and Achieve 3 Important Benefits
If you are doing any kind of press workouts then you should have an idea about how much weight is necessary to handle it. However, for incline dumbbell press you need to begin with lower weights. Since the exercise targets smaller muscle groups you should begin with smaller weights. Since an independent arm requires more independent strength decreasing heavy weight will help you try out this workout with ease. A major common mistake people do is lifting much weight dumbbell so you should avoid it.
If you are twisting your wrist at a 90-degree angle while holding a dumbbell in each hand it will make the form slightly correct. However, your arms will be in pain if you hold them at this angle. Try to keep it in a perpendicular position to the floor to prevent stress on the back of your forearms. Avoid cocking your wrists.
Selecting the Wrong Angle for Incline Press
For a flat bench press, the 0-degree angle is essential. For the upright bench press, 90 degrees is ideal. But for incline dumbbell press anything between these two angles is suitable to do this workout. Anything between 30-45 degrees will be perfect to target your shoulder and pecs accurately.
See also: 5 Famous Black Male Actors of Hollywood All the Time
Avoid Bouncing Dumbbells
A bouncing momentum to lift the dumbbell is a cheat idea while doing this workout. It is an indication that you are lifting heavy weight dumbbells and bouncing will injure your biceps and chest muscles.
- An increase in muscular hypertrophy is indicated if you regularly incorporate this workout into your routine.
- Consistently doing incline press will activate fibers in muscles and there will increase muscle mass and size of the chest muscles.
- A strong upper body will boost your performance in any kind of physical activity like pushing heavy weights or either weight lifting. Incline press surely leads you to build a good physique.
Smith Machine Squat – 2021: Is it Good or Bad? Check Out Our Best Guide
5 Best Men’s Yoga Pants Under Your Suitable Budget in 2021
5 Best Leg Press Alternative Options to Improve Your Physique