Looking for what to eat for weight loss? Fitness and healthy living are turning into a trend these days. While the world is busy and the schedules are hectic, taking care of diet is the least we think about.
Canned cokes, bread, burgers, and pizzas may taste like the best food in the world, but the aftermath is intense workouts to shed those extra calories. What if we told you about some fantastic tricks that can actually make it a little easier for you? Read further to know about some of the most amazing weight loss diet plans and tips.
Can diet plans help?
When it comes to weight loss, we think of the most impactful method that can have long-lasting changes in our body and health, so take out your pens and let’s prepare the grocery list.
Generally, a 1200 calorie meal plan is suitable for almost anyone who’s thinking about getting rid of that extra fat but feel free to add some fruits and veggies as per your needs, you can even make some changes with the protein intake for up to 1-5 ounces.
The good old 1200 calorie meal plan
This diet plan is actually veggies, fruits, and protein, the trick is to eat one meal at a time. Here are a few options
- A bowl of bran flakes, a banana, and some fat-free milk
- Smoothie made from 1 cup frozen berries, half a banana and 8 ounces of fat-free milk
- Half cup of oats with unsweetened soy milk
- A whole-wheat pita with pepper and mustard, some lettuce and 3 ounces turkey breast
- A bowl of vegetable soup with a whole grain veggie burger
- Quesadilla with fat-free beans and corns, topped with salsa and skimmed cheese
- Black bean salad with orange, red onions, veggies, bell pepper, and vinegar
- 4 ounces of broiled flounder with sliced plum tomatoes and a little parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast with sautéed veggies
- 4 ounces steamed shrimp with unsweetened yogurt and steamed veggies
The vegan diet to weight loss
Some of you might be vegan, which in itself is a very healthy option. So in a vegan diet, we basically play with the fibers in your diet, let’s have a look
- 1 slice whole-grain bread with a medium-sized whole fruit, like apple
- A bowl of cereals with low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup of fresh fruit juice with half plate pasta and steamed veggies
- 1/2 cup cooked dry beans with 1/2 cup tofu and sautéed veggies
- 1/2 cup brown rice or pasta with unsweetened yogurt and a handful of nuts
- 1/2 cup cooked veggies with boiled vermicelli and 3/4 glass of juice
You can always change a few things, here and there but the content of protein and fibers should be maintained, women usually need 244 calories from protein whereas men require 288.
Besides these, a few trending diet plans include:
- Keto: Very high in fat and low in carbohydrates
- Paleo diet: All about fruits and veggies as well as healthy fats
- Low Purine: Avoiding purine and staying hydrated
Some tips to lose a few inches fast and effectively
There can be days when your body isn’t ready for a workout, low energy levels, and food cravings usually make us go lazy. Here are a few tips to help you manage that weight really easily.
Chew your food properly and take more fibers as compared to fats and carbohydrates. Plan your meals, eat slowly, and you’ll see your diet getting healthier and better.
It makes you feel full and also reduce your hunger, fish, fat-free yogurt, quinoa, almonds, and the list goes on, pick your plate, and fill it up.
Cut the distractions
If you actually notice it carefully, you will find out that we tend to overeat while watching television or while using any other technical devices, even stress makes us eat. Air calmly and relax while having your dinner.
Drink before you eat
Drink a glass or two of water at least 30 minutes before your dinner, it will make you feel full and also prevent overeating. Have water after 30 minutes of having your dinner, this makes digestion easier.
Embracing your body and giving it time to adjust and adapt to the changes, is the key to long term effects. Go slow and don’t push yourself too harsh, it’s okay to have a cheating plan once a week, stay gentle to yourself.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.