Hair loss is common for both men and women. Most of the time, people do not take it seriously at an early age. However, it may progress to a severe condition if not addressed immediately.

There are different types of hair loss and several reasons can cause it. By learning more about the condition, you can manage it early and prevent baldness. Here are the answers to the commonly asked questions about hair loss.

1. Does combing hair frequently cause hair loss?

This is a common misconception for most people as combing does not cause hair loss. Nevertheless, combing the hair intensely and pulling the knotted areas can remove hair strands. Thus, it is important to comb your hair in a mild manner.

2. What is the normal amount of hair loss per day?

It is normal to lose 25 to 100 hair strands in one day. The shedding undergoes three phases. The first phase is called anaphase. Almost 90% of your hair roots stay in this phase where it can last for at most five years. The other 10% are in the Catagen and Telogen phases. Catagen phase is the immediate phase where it will only last for up to 2 weeks. The last phase, Telogen, is when the hair strands shed.

3. What are the usual causes of hair loss?

There are several reasons for hair loss. Usually, for men, it can be due to heredity, also known as male pattern hair loss. Some of the other reasons are smoking, environmental causes, stress, hormones, chemicals from hair products and certain diseases such as thyroid disorder, Alopecia Areata, ringworm, etc.

4. Is baldness hereditary?

Genetics plays an important role in determining your chance of having hair loss in the future. There is a 90% chance that a son may become bald if his father experienced it too. This is also commonly called male pattern hair loss. So if it is a common condition in your family, you are more predisposed to developing it in the long run as compared to others with no family history.

5. What is Male Pattern Hair Loss?

10 Questions Answered About Hair Loss
Photo by Sholto Ramsay / Unsplash

Male Pattern hair loss or baldness is also known as Androgenic Alopecia. Most of the time, this is the cause of hair loss for men. It is due to the effects of hormones on the hair follicles. A reaction occurs deep inside the hair follicles. The male hormones are converted to an enzyme which causes the hair loss, by preventing the growth of hair cells.

6. What are the symptoms of male pattern hair loss?

One visible symptom is thinning hair. Most of the time, the baldness is confined to the top part of the head. Nevertheless, there are also times when the other areas are affected as well.

7. Are there remedies from for hair loss?

Unfortunately, there are no natural or home remedies that can help baldness. But, there are hair restoration treatments that can help you redistribute hair follicles on areas with bald spots.

8.How does hair restoration work?

Hair restoration costs around $700. It is known to provide a high success rate. It is a known practice and gets a lot of attention from notable people and celebrities.

Nevertheless, not everyone can undergo this procedure. It is not advisable for people who have intense baldness, patients undergoing chemotherapy and lack of hair donor. There are also minor side effects after the procedure that you should look out for.

9.How long will it take to achieve the desired result?

The appearance of result varies from one person to another. There are a number of factors that should be considered such as the follicle state and hair loss stage of the patient. We recommend you check with your doctor with regard to treatment results.

10. What are the results expected after the treatment?

After a successful treatment, one can identify several results. These include the following:

  • Less hair strands falling out
  • Scalp condition improvement
  • Hair thickening
  • Hair regrowth

These hair improvements are commonly noticed after 12 months from the treatment. Always synchronize up with your doctor to continue with the best results.

These are just the basic questions that one can ask about hair loss. It is still important to consult your doctor about your hair loss issues. With this, you are assured of proper diagnosis and treatment.

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.